Memorials & Life Celebrations at Cerimon House
We believe in helping you honor and celebrate THE LIFE OF your loved one.
Our venue is a welcoming year-round convening space, with a long history of non-denominational fellowship and love. We can provide you with an attractive and comfortable place at this time in which a loved one is to be recognized with respect and compassion. Cerimon House has been the location for many meaningful life celebrations, and is conveniently located in the heart of the Alberta Arts District of NE Portland: close to both the airport and lodging for any out-of-town guests.
For life celebrations of up-to-100 attendees, we offer a special Memorial Package of $750 for a four (4) hour window of time on our entire first floor (Lobby, Main Auditorium, as well as Ephesus Hall where your food & drinks can be offered.) This four hour window encompasses the time needed for your gathering and the set-up & removal of items brought-in for the celebration of your loved one.
We include the following in our special Memorial Package:
- Scheduled 1-hour time period to tour the rooms and meet our staff (to go over your needs for the celebration/gathering)
- Set-up and break-down of the event
- Tables and chairs, including tables for book-signing & small display
- Our coffee & tea service is included for Memorials
- 2 flat screen television locations for your self-created remembrance slide-show (thumb-drive access)
- 2 large floor easels and a speakers podium
- A standing microphone with speakers
- A baby grand piano for your live musician, should you engage one
If you wish to offer your guests food and drinks, please note that we require all renters to use a professional and licensed caterer. OLCC laws do require offering light fare with any alcoholic beverages. The great advantage of using professional caterers is that they often provide the required insurance coverage as well as the OLCC pourers.
Floral arrangements must be brought with you, as we are unable to accept deliveries outside of the rental time,
and the flowers will need to be removed at the end of the gathering, but we can help facilitate this during your 4 hours with us.
Viewings, or funerals with caskets, are not a match for our venue,
however we do permit your funerary urn to be displayed during your memorial.
For memorial events that have a larger headcount than 100: let's talk. (An increase to our package rate applies.)
We can recommend a list of preferred caterers, officiates, and local florists.