Memorials & Life Celebrations at Cerimon House
We believe in helping you TO HONOR and celebrate THE LIFE OF your loved one.
WE offer you our deepest sympAthy
and wish you strength during this difficult process.
Our venue is a welcoming year-round convening space, with a long history of non-denominational fellowship.
We are known for all kinds of cultural gatherings and life-cycle celebrations, especially memorials.
We can provide you with an attractive and comfortable place at this time
in which a loved one is to be recognized with respect and compassion.
The mission of our nonprofit organization encompasses Community, Creativity, Curiosity, and Ceremony.
Cerimon House is conveniently located in the heart of the Alberta Arts District of NE Portland:
close to the airport, as well as lodging for out-of-town guests.
Because we RECOGNIZE memorialS AS A special threshold event,
we offer a deep discount for these particular gatherings.
For life celebrations of up-to 75 attendees, we offer a special Memorial Package of $750 for a four (4) hour window of time on our entire first floor: which includes the Lobby, the Main Auditorium, and Ephesus Hall where coffee, tea & snacks can be offered. Full catering is not allowed at this tier level. (And we do find that attendees truly do just want to sip & nibble, and so this light offering is fine for many.)
This (4) four hour window of the rental encompasses the time needed both for your gathering and the set-up & removal of items brought-in for the celebration of your loved one. Additional time, as needed, can be added at a rate of $175 an hour.
For life celebrations that are sure to bring more than 75 attendees (150 people in our building is indeed the cut-off) - or feature buffets or other special attributes, we will work with you to create a package, and this tier starts at $1,200 for events of this size. Your catering needs are separate, and we can provide a list of suggested and much-beloved vendors. There are special rules & regulations for any alcohol being served. Additional time, as needed, can be added at a rate of $175 an hour.
IN BOTH CASES: we offer a four (4) hour window of time on our entire first floor: which includes the beautiful Lobby, Main Auditorium, Ephesus Hall, and three ADA compliant restrooms. This four hour window of the rental encompasses the time needed for your gathering and the set-up & removal of items brought-in for the celebration of your loved one.
For everyone's convenience, we do ask for a fully refundable deposit, which protects for any damage or extra hours required.
We include the following in our special Memorial Package:
- Scheduled 1-hour time period to tour the rooms, and to meet our staff (to go over your needs for the celebration/gathering)
- Basic set-up and break-down of the event is included
- Tables and chairs, including tables for book-signing & small display
- Our coffee & tea service is included for Memorials
- 3 flat screen television locations for your self-created remembrance slide-show (thumb-drive access)
- 2 large floor easels, and a speakers podium
- A standing microphone with amplification
- A baby grand piano for your live musician: should you engage one
- Our venue is fully ADA compliant, with 3 ADA restrooms on the first floor
An Important Note About Catering:
If you wish to offer your guests food and drinks, please note that we require all renters to use a professional and licensed caterer.
OLCC laws do require offering light fare with any alcoholic beverages. The great advantage of using professional caterers for your event is that they often provide the required insurance coverage required, as well as the OLCC pourers.
OTHER HELPFUL Notes:
* Floral arrangements must be brought with you, as we are unable to accept deliveries outside of the rental time,
and the flowers will need to be removed at the end of the gathering, but we can help facilitate this during your time with us.
* Viewings, or funerals with caskets, are not a match for our venue....however we do permit sealed funerary urns at Life Celebrations.
* We can recommend a list of preferred caterers, officiates, and local florists.