Memorials & Life Celebrations at Cerimon House
We believe in helping you honor and celebrate THE LIFE OF your loved one.
Our venue is a welcoming year-round convening space, with a long history of non-denominational fellowship and love. We can provide you with an attractive and comfortable place at this time in which a loved one is to be recognized with respect and compassion. Cerimon House has been the location for many life celebrations (both joyous and sad) and is conveniently located in the heart of the Alberta Arts District of NE Portland: close to both the airport and lodging for any out-of-town guests.
For life celebrations of up-to 100 attendees, we offer a special Memorial Package of $500 for a four (4) hour window of time in both our Main Auditorium and the connecting catering hall where your food & drinks can be offered. This four hour window encompasses time for both your gathering, and the set-up & removal of items brought in for the celebration of your loved one.
We include the following in our special Memorial Package:
- Scheduled 1-hour time period to tour the rooms and meet our staff (to go over your concepts for the celebration/gathering)
- Set-up and break-down of the event
- Tables and chairs, including tables for book-signing and small display
- Our coffee & tea service is included for Memorials
- 2 flat screen television locations for your self-created remembrance slide-show (thumb-drive access)
- 2 large floor easels as well as a speakers podium
- A standing microphone with speakers
- A lovely baby grand piano for your live musician, should you engage one
If you wish to offer your guests food and drinks, please note that we require all renters to use a professional and licensed caterer. OLCC laws do require offering light fare with any alcoholic beverages. The great advantage of using professional caterers, is that they often provide the required insurance coverage, as well as the OLCC pourers.
Floral arrangements must be brought with you as we are unable to accept deliveries outside of the rental time,
and the flowers will need to be removed at the end of the gathering, but we can help facilitate this during your 4 hours with us.
Viewings, or funerals with caskets, are not a match for our venue,
however we do permit funerary urns to be displayed during your memorial.
For memorial events that have a larger headcount than 100: let's talk. (A small increase to our package rate may apply.)
We can recommend a list of preferred caterers, officiates, and local florists.